Fullerton, California – Marshall B. Ketchum University, a private not-for-profit health care professions university, is currently seeking a full-time faculty member for its new College of Pharmacy. The College is dedicated to excellence in education, service to the community, and research/scholarship. Working together with an outstanding leadership team, the faculty member will realize the College’s goal of reimagining the future of health care with an emphasis on advanced pharmacy practice skills, clinical medicine, and interprofessional education.
This position is for a full-time, 12-month, faculty position at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. Individuals with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply: internal medicine, ambulatory care, pharmacotherapy, and/or neurology. The College seeks forward-thinking faculty candidate with a commitment to excellence and innovation in teaching, practice, and research. The Faculty member reports directly to the Department Chair of Pharmacy Practice. Successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate ideas, achieve shared goals, and possess strong interpersonal skills. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: establishing a clinical practice site and providing clinical services, precepting IPPE and APPE students, and mentoring pharmacy students in Capstone projects. Teaching responsibilities include course coordination and instruction, developing and implementing effective didactic lectures and active learning techniques and engagement. The successful applicant will also support College research initiatives, and participate in service activities of the Department, College and University. Candidates should have a terminal degree (PharmD or equivalent) and PGY1 residency training. Preference will be given to candidates with PGY2 and/or fellowship training, board certification, other credentialing, and/or academic experience in course design, instruction, assessment and evaluation.
- Terminal degree (e.g., PharmD or equivalent).
- Current California Registered Pharmacist Licensure or must be eligible for and complete licensure.
- Completion of a residency, fellowship program, and/or equivalent experience in pharmacy practice.
- Professional board certification(s) in a specialty is encouraged
- Experience in teaching, professional practice, and scholarship is preferred.
- High degree of knowledge of current professional trends in pharmacy as related to clinical care and practice management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific literature and academic publications.
- Demonstration of ethical conduct, professionalism, interpersonal and leadership skills, and management abilities.
Information about the new College of Pharmacy can be found at http://www.ketchum.edu/pharmacy.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of three potential references, contained in a single pdf document. The application should be directed to the Search Committee for the Department of Pharmacy Practice at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MBKU is an equal opportunity employer; requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.