The University at Buffalo (UB) Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences has an exciting opportunity available to join the research group of Dr. James Gallo utilizing pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), and quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) approaches to study anticancer drug development, tumor heterogeneity and cell states as they impact drug resistance in brain tumors. The ultimate goals of these projects are to advance precision medicine and bridge preclinical and clinical drug development paradigms.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences department is a premier research unit with a storied tradition of excellence in PK/PD research and maintains multiple connections to the pharmaceutical industry.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Develop and perform preclinical drug development assays including drug transport, qPCR, Western and multiplex ELISA-based analyses.
- Design and implement studies to characterize brain tumor biology as it relates to drug therapy
- Generate genetically-modified cell lines to elucidate drug action mechanisms.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology or related field.
- Demonstration of ample experience with cell biology techniques.
In addition to the minimum qualifications; prior experience with cancer cells and drug is beneficial.