This residency is located in Huntsville, AL.
Auburn University is seeking applicants for a PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency position. This residency is located in Huntsville, AL and will be a partnership between the Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy and Star Pharmacies. The individual selected will have a unique opportunity to enhance and refine the practice skills necessary to become a cutting edge practitioner in community pharmacy as well as several other areas of pharmacy practice.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing pharmaceutical care services including, but not limited to Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services for pharmacotherapy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and health and wellness in Star Pharmacy sites
- Perform dispensing services for Star Pharmacy sites including specialty medications at their URAC accredited facility and compounding individualized prescriptions
- Completion of a residency project mutually determined by the resident and his/her residency director and/or coordinator and project presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference
- Completion and submission of a primary manuscript
- Develop an extensive knowledge about healthcare delivery including pharmacoeconomics, population health, pharmacy benefit management, and community pharmacy operations
- Participate in College of Pharmacy committees
- Opportunities to partner with Auburn faculty to help develop lectures and provide instruction
The term of the residency is July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023. The resident will receive an adjunct faculty appointment within the Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Harrison College of Pharmacy and have instructional duties as outlined above. Remuneration for the one-year residency will be $45,000. Applicants must have earned a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy and be eligible for Alabama licensure.
Auburn University is a land-grant institution with a multicultural student enrollment of nearly 30,000. The University provides instruction in approximately 70 academic departments and maintains graduate research and public service programs. The Mobile Campus of the Harrison College of Pharmacy is located in Mobile, Alabama at the University of South Alabama.
To assure full consideration, interested individuals should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, transcript of pharmacy education and three letters of recommendation from preceptors/practitioners who have knowledge of the applicant’s experience, ability, training, and character online at the following link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/28995. For any questions regarding the residency, please contact Greg Peden, PharmD at email@example.com or 334-844-7525.
Review of applications will begin April 20, 2022 and continue until a suitable candidate is selected and recommended for appointment.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer