The Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy (HCOP) is seeking to fill two (2) full time, non-tenure track internal medicine faculty positions. Applicants with expertise, experience, and/or interest in psychiatry, renal/nephrology, or cardiovascular disease/stroke will be given priority and are encouraged to apply. Depending upon qualifications and experience, candidates may be hired at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Clinical Professor level. The HCOP, Department of Pharmacy Practice provides a premier practice, education and research program. The innovative professional practice and teaching programs of the HCOP provide opportunities for faculty to teach in a student-centered learning environment, including unique and innovative early and advanced experiential programs. Faculty members at the HCOP are leaders among pharmacy educators in the assessment of learning.
Responsibilities: * Provide pharmaceutical care services to inpatients at East Alabama Medical Center (EAMC). EAMC is a 340-bed regional referral hospital located in Opelika, Alabama that serves a six-county area. The East Alabama Health organization includes EAMC-Lanier Hospital in Valley; between the two hospitals and their collective service lines, there are approximately 3,500 employees in the organization, making EAMC Lee County’s second largest employer.
* Precept student clerkships in inpatient settings for the Experiential Programs Office of Auburn University, HCOP.
* Develop and sustain a scholarship program appropriate for the faculty member’s professional goals and interests;
* Participate in student-centered instruction to Pharm.D. students at Auburn University, HCOP. Teleconferencing is available for teaching activities, and
* Participate in University and School governance through committee service.
Pertinent Facts about the Positions: * The Department of Pharmacy Practice has 35 members practicing throughout Alabama and Western Georgia, and over 150 adjunct clinical faculty. Faculty are located in Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, and Auburn/Opelika, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.
* Auburn is a small, friendly university town in the rolling hills of east central Alabama, with a population around 60,000. It is conveniently located along Interstate 85, less than 60 miles northeast of Alabama’s capital city of Montgomery; about 30 miles northwest of Columbus, Georgia; and 100 miles southwest of Atlanta. Alabama’s Gulf Shores can be reached in less than four hours. Auburn University HCOP has a satellite pharmacy education program on the campus of the University of South Alabama (USA). This program provides synchronous instruction to all four years of pharmacy education for approximately 120 students on the Mobile campus. There are currently five Mobile Pharmacy Practice faculty practicing at unique practice sites.
* Interprofessional education is a priority of the collaboration between the Auburn HCOP and the University of South Alabama Health Science division. As such, opportunities exist to serve as an adjunct professor with the University of South Alabama, College of Medicine. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in both pharmacy and medical resident education.
* Candidates with expertise in psychiatry, renal/nephrology, or cardiovascular disease/stroke are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.