The Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy (HCOP) is seeking a fulltime faculty member at the Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor (non-tenure track) level. This position is located in Huntsville, Alabama, which is where the faculty member’s practice site will be located (at Huntsville Hospital). The HCOP Department of Pharmacy Practice provides a premier practice, education and research program. The innovative professional practice and teaching programs at HCOP provide opportunities for faculty to teach in a student-centered learning environment, including unique and innovative early and advanced experiential programs. Faculty members at HCOP are leaders among pharmacy educators in the assessment of teaching and learning.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Provide pharmacotherapy services to patients in acute patient care practices affiliated with the University of Alabama - Birmingham, Huntsville Regional Medical Campus Internal Medicine Residency Program at Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville, Alabama
· Precept Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy students on Introductory, and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiential rotations (i.e. IPPEs and APPEs) in Internal Medicine
· Develop a scholarly program appropriate for the faculty member’s professional goals and interests
· Participate in student-centered instruction to Pharm.D. students at HCOP
· Participate in University and School governance through committee service
Pertinent Facts about the Position:
· The Department of Pharmacy Practice has 38 members practicing throughout Alabama and Western Georgia as well as over 150 adjunct clinical faculty. Faculty are located in Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, and Auburn/Opelika, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.
· Huntsville Hospital is an 941- bed Level I Trauma Center and the regional referral center for all of North Alabama and Southern Tennessee. It was recently named a U.S. “Best” hospital, joining an elite group of just 12% of hospitals nationwide to earn that recognition
· According to the 2022-2023 U.S. News & World Report
, Huntsville, Alabama, was ranked the best place to live in the United States. The city is regularly named as a premier location for both business and quality of life. Technology, space, and defense industries have a major presence here with the Army's Redstone Arsenal, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, and Cummings Research Park. Huntsville is home to several Fortune 500 companies and offers a broad base of manufacturing, retail and service industries.
· Interprofessional education is a priority of the collaboration between the Auburn Harrison College of Pharmacy and the University of Alabama - Birmingham, Huntsville Regional Medical Campus Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Residency Programs. Huntsville Hospital provides PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residencies. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in both pharmacy and medical resident education.
· Candidates may be appointed to either Assistant/Associate/Full Professor commensurate with experience and qualifications.