The Department of Drug Discovery and Development at Auburn University's Harrison College of Pharmacy invites applications for a 12-month tenure-track faculty position. Individuals with expertise in any field of pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, or medicinal chemistry are encouraged to apply. Applicants with extramural research funding are being sought.
This position offers the opportunity to join an expanding enterprise in pharmaceutical and biomedical research that features new and enhanced research facilities and infrastructure, as well as potential partnerships with the Auburn campus of the Edward via College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Alabama-Birmingham Center for Clinical and Translational Science and O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center. Moreover, Auburn University's Research Park offers opportunities for pharmaceutical and biomedical technology transfer and entrepreneurial incubation. Opportunities for collaboration are present within the College of Pharmacy as well as with faculty throughout the University, including those in the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Engineering, and the College of Sciences and Mathematics.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Develop and/or maintain a sustainable, extramurally-funded research program
- Lead collaborative, and/or interdisciplinary research programs
- Demonstrate a high level of scholarly activity, as evidenced by quality publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and active participation in professional societies
- Actively participate in the professional program (PharmD) and graduate program (M.S., Ph.D.) teaching missions of the Harrison College of Pharmacy
- Contribute to Department, College, and University service activities.