The University of Charleston, located in the capitol city of West Virginia, invites applications from dynamic and innovative leaders in pharmacy education to serve as Dean of the School of Pharmacy (SOP), beginning July 1, 2021. Founded in 2006 the School of Pharmacy prepares pharmacists who will provide comprehensive patient care, advance the profession through research and advocacy, and serve the community as leaders in rural health care and underserved populations. The School of Pharmacy offers a rigorous curriculum that seeks to develop pharmacy practitioners who can effectively communicate with diverse populations and work as an integral member of the healthcare delivery team. Active participation in leadership, advocacy, public health, interprofessional education, cultural awareness, and scholarship is a major emphasis of the program. The Dean will serve as the chief administrative and academic officer for the School and hold an administrative appointment with faculty rank, reporting directly to the Provost.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Earned Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) or PhD in Pharmaceutical or Administrative Science, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a faculty colleague and a record of progressively responsible administrative appointments (e.g. Dean, program director, department chair)
- Demonstrated experience and achievements in teaching, research and professional service appropriate to the rank of professor in a School of Pharmacy.
- A documented record of success in collaborating with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams to promote innovation and sustainable institutional change in a complex organizational setting.
- A documented record of success as an academic administrator in an ACPE-accredited PharmD or related healthcare academic program.
- Thorough understanding of accreditation standards and reporting processes.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates are requested to submit a C.V., contact information for five professional references and a cover letter addressing the criteria and qualifications cited above to Dr. Kim Spiezio, Provost at email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed as they are received.