The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds
The University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is an internationally renowned School of Pharmacy and a top tier school (ranked #20 out of 143 pharmacy schools in the country). At the Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmacuetical Sciences, we are committed to excellence and innovation in professional, graduate and post-graduate education; scholarship and research; patient-centered care; public health advocacy; and societal leadership and engagement. Together, our innovation, discoveries and engagement with our communities improves the health and well-being of society.
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a chair for the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The Chair would lead a robust research-intensive department in a school which has been ranked in the top 10% of all schools of pharmacy for both total and NIH funding for many years.
The successful candidate will join a department that has 37 faculty with an international reputation in pharmaceutical biotechnology, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, systems approaches, drug discovery, and translational sciences. Pharmacological specialty areas include cancer, neuro- and antiviral pharmacology.
Serving across the campus and beyond, the Department includes the Centers for: Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Translational Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacogenomics, Nanomedicine and Nanosafety, and Drug Discovery, while Departmental core facilities include High Throughput/High Content screening, Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, and Metabolomics/Proteomics. The cutting-edge research includes basic, translational, and clinical approaches interfacing with the research activities of a comprehensive academic health center including the Schools of Medicine, Public Health, Dentistry and Nursing.
The Department works together with the Department of Clinical Pharmacy to implement and develop the educational offerings of the school which include the entry level PharmD program and the online PharmD options, as well as Masters and PhD programs. Departmental Masters programs are offered in the Pharmaceutical Sciences with specialty tracks in Cannabis Science and Medicine, Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, Drug Discovery, Molecular and Systems Toxicology, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Delivery. PhD programs are offered in both Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Department Seeks:
- An accomplished and creative leader who will build on the foundations of excellence established in the department, stimulate innovation and promote advances in the department’s research and educational enterprises.
- A successful individual who will have a vision that integrates the expertise of current faculty with the ability to drive pharmaceutical biotechnology, therapeutic innovation, and the next generation of drug discoveries.
- A chair who will be critical to developing new large collaborative team science programs in the school and across the campus.
- An engaged professional who will be responsible for mentoring and developing faculty, overseeing the department’s budget and other resources and be an integral member of the school’s leadership team.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the dean.
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $210,000 - $250,000. This position will be eligible to receive an additional administrative stipend.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Hold a PhD (or equivalent degree) with strong academic credentials expected for appointment at the rank of associate or full professor with tenure.
- Have an internationally-recognized and extramurally-funded research program.
- Record of scholarship, teaching, and service sufficient to be appointed as an Associate Professor or Professor at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Leadership experience in higher education.
- Provide demonstrable evidence of strong interpersonal, leadership, and management skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of commitment to diversity and inclusion in research, teaching, and service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to motivate and manage change; energize and lead a committed faculty, staff, and student population
- Knowledge of the challenges of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences education in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Ability to identify and implement actions to improve existing processes, practices, and behaviours to achieve Department objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work independently.