**This position is located at our Mobile, AL campus** The Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy (HCOP), Mobile campus, is seeking to fill a full time, non-tenure track faculty position in Ambulatory Care. Depending upon qualifications and experience, candidates may be hired at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Clinical Professor level. The HCOP, Department of Pharmacy Practice provides a premier practice, education and research program. The innovative professional practice and teaching programs of the HCOP provide opportunities for faculty to teach in a student-centered learning environment, including unique and innovative early and advanced experiential programs. Faculty members at the HCOP are leaders among pharmacy educators in the assessment of learning.
Responsibilities: * Provide pharmaceutical care services to outpatients at the University of South Alabama Family Medicine Clinic located in Mobile, Alabama.
* Precept student clerkships in inpatient (critical care position) or outpatient (ambulatory care position) settings for the Experiential Programs Office of Auburn University, HCOP.
* Develop and sustain a scholarship program appropriate for the faculty member’s professional goals and interests;
* Participate in student-centered instruction to Pharm.D. students at Auburn University, HCOP. Teleconferencing is available for teaching activities, and
* Participate in University and School governance through committee service.
Pertinent Facts about the Positions: * The Department of Pharmacy Practice has 35 members practicing throughout Alabama and Western Georgia, and over 150 adjunct clinical faculty. Faculty are located in Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, and Auburn/Opelika, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.
* Mobile, one of the four largest cities in Alabama, is a progressive Alabama city on the Gulf Coast with a metropolitan population of approximately 600,000. It is located approximately 220 miles from Auburn University. Auburn University HCOP has a satellite pharmacy education program on the campus of the University of South Alabama (USA). This program provides synchronous instruction to all four years of pharmacy education for approximately 120 students on the Mobile campus. There are currently five Mobile Pharmacy Practice faculty practicing at unique practice sites.
* Interprofessional education is a priority of the collaboration between the Auburn HCOP and the University of South Alabama Health Science division. As such, opportunities exist to serve as an adjunct professor with the University of South Alabama, College of Medicine. The successful candidate is encouraged to participate in both pharmacy and medical resident education.
* Candidates with expertise in the outpatient management of Diabetes, Obesity, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, and Polypharmacy are encouraged to apply for the Ambulatory Care Position.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.